ACCE Study Tour

Reflecting back, it was about a year ago I was watching the 2011 ISTE Keynote and reading the tweets coming from ISTE and I turned to my wife and said, “next year I am going, I will be at ISTE in 2012”. Funny thing about a throw away line like that is when I tend to set my mind to something I fixate on it and it tends to change from a throw away line, to a goal, to an obsession.

Today, I sit here in my hotel room in Sydney, waiting to head off to meet my tour group before heading off to Canada for the first stop of on our exciting study tour that culminates at ISTE 2012. For those who don’t know ISTE is the International Society for Technology in Education and their conference is MASSIVE, one of the biggest of it’s kind in the world and this year I will be fortunate to see the keynote being presented by Sir Ken Robinson.

I am excited ad nervous as it will be my first time out of the country and the longest I have ever been away from my family and wife since we started dating in 1997, but I am sure our action packed itinerary will see the time fly! I have included my itinerary below that includes visits to many innovative schools, a visit to the Apple ‘Mothership’ store, Microsoft and probably one of the things I am most excited about a trip to the Google Offices in San Francisco!

Thanks, keep checking back as I will be blogging throughout my trip!

ACCE_Final_Itinerary